The ultimate purpose of God’s Church is clearly given. Yet in order to give us guidance in carrying out that purpose we have formulated our purpose statement to reflect our Core Values. Our Core Values come from the prayer of Jesus in John 17, the night He was betrayed.
Enhancing God’s reputation by reflecting Jesus in the world through relationships, good works, and worship.
In order to make our purpose statement a reality New Life has recognized servant leaders who deeply love God, seek to imitate Jesus, and are dependent upon the Holy Spirit for empowerment.
Now that you have seen a few basics about New Life you may desire to read this statement. It shows how New Life Christian Church views herself, as a part of God’s Church, in relation to other congregations in Emporia and around the world.
See also: God’s Church
God’s Word clearly depicts the function of His Church. While this list is not exhaustive, here are a few things that are nonnegotiable for His Church.
- Victory over the forces of evil – Matthew 16:18
- Loving God first and foremost, which will enable us to love others – Matthew 22:36-40; Mark 12:28-34; Luke 10:25-28; John 13:34-35
- Make disciples (followers of Jesus) everywhere – Matthew 28:18-20
- Uniting all things under the Triune God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) – Ephesians 1:7-10
- Equipping the saints (Christians) for service – Ephesians 4:11-16