Sexual Abuse Victims of Emporia
From Victim to Victory
Anonymous Support Group for Emporia and Surrounding Towns
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit
Sexual abuse is unwanted sexual activity, with perpetrators using force, making threats or taking advantage of victims not able to give consent.
- 1 in 6 men have been sexually abused by the age of 18
- 1 in 4 women have been sexually abused by the age of 18
Most victims and perpetrators know each other. Immediate reactions to sexual abuse include shock, fear or disbelief. Long-term symptoms include anxiety, fear or post-traumatic stress disorder.
© 2012 American Psychological Association
Located at New Life Christian Church: 1505 Road 175 Emporia, KS
SAVE is a 13-14 week non-profit support group.
- Registration $15 which covers materials.
- The group will start to meet again on Tuesday, September 1st, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- It is a closed group after it starts; please call for next group.
Cheryl Griffin: 620-343-1448
Tammy Krause: 620-794-8925
Facilitators are sexual abuse survivors
For many people, the most difficult step toward recovery is deciding to label that suffocating shadow that looms over your past as “sexual abuse” or even “incest.” ~Dr. Dan Allendar